Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas Crafting

Right now the craft stores are FULL of fun Christmas crafts, craft kits, craft ideas, and SALES. Scope out the sales and items for things to buy. Check out the sales for supplies. And then you can use the winter months to begin crafting. I love including something handmade in the box... I pray for the child as I craft and I feel as though I am sending a bit of me with the box.

Some of the projects I am thinking of doing this winter?


I am thinking of decorating some shoeboxes.. to make the insides a DOLL HOUSE!!! I love this idea... and if I start with what scrap papers, print outs, bits of cloth, I have or find on sale, I can have some boxes ready to fill with girl items, the basics, and of course, some small dolls throughout the year! I love this idea! http://mypoppet.com.au/2012/08/kids-craft-shoe-box-doll-house.html

I will also be looking for sale yarn.. there seems to be LOTS of sales at this time of year for yarn. And then I will knit some basic hats. Or maybe this is the time to try to learn something more involved! There are lots of neat patterns on the pinterest sites in the sidebar. 

I don't want to leave the boys out! I love this idea! I think it would be so neat to include a selection of felt roads to include in a boy's box! So I am watching for sales on felt squares or felt by the yard! This one seems so easy! And yet with so many opportunities for fun play. http://thehappyhousewife.com/home-management/felt-road-patrol-kit/


No comments:

Post a Comment