Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A girl named Miracles, Peru

The below is a part of a series of posts about a distribution in Peru on the awesome occ blog, clipwithpurpose. It is amazing and totally worth your time so please go over and read the rest.

This is the third post by my friend, Pastor Henry Fuhrman, from CenterPoint Church.  He and and a group of pastors from across the US are currently in Panama on an Operation Christmas Child distribution.

A Girl Named “Miracles”

When we arrived in Chilibre (for the shoebox distribution), the children were already singing and dancing.
  Singing
Afterwards a young girl was invited to address the crowd.  She walked slowly to the stage, holding her father’s hand.  She was cute, wearing a red and white skirt with pink sunglasses.  She couldn’t have been older than 7 years old.  As I watched her closely, I realized that without her dad’s hands, she wouldn’t know the way.  It soon became clear that she couldn’t see.  This sweet little girl was completely blind.
Pink Sunglasses Girl2
I wasn’t prepared for what happened next.  She grabbed the mic with confidence and began to preach!  She quoted from memory:

Romans 6:23, “for the wages of sin is death; but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

For the next 20 minutes I listened to this 7 year old girl expound upon this text in clear, passionate, and powerful ways.  She talked about the gifts we brought today, and made the connection to the true gift that Jesus brought 2000 years ago.  She urged her fellow children to not only receive the gifts in these shoeboxes, but to receive the gift of eternal life as well.  Then she prayed for them and for us.

Still in awe of what I just witnessed,  I made a point to meet this little girl.  I walked up to her, hugged her, and told her with the little Spanish I know, that her sermon on Romans 6 was one of the best I had heard.  And I meant it.  She smiled.

See... you want to read the rest of this post and the rest of the series.  http://www.clipwithpurpose.com/a-girl-named-miracles-chilibre-panama/

No comments:

Post a Comment