Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Doll to Love

One gift that can be such a blessing to a child is a doll. They can be hard to find on sale, so keep your eyes open. Here are a couple of stories of precious children and their baby dolls:

Philippines
2013-01-02


Hanna and her new doll
Hannah Ruth, is a lovely two-year old girl. I spotter her cheerfully cuddling her new baby doll from the shoebox. Then her mother told me that one day, along the street, Hannah found a ragged doll with a broken head in a garbage bag. She brought it home and used to place it beside her when she sleeps. And how happy she was when she received a brand new baby doll that just looks like the same with her old doll. Her whole family was amazed at how God answered that little desire of Hannah's heart. With this incident, they were reminded once again that truly God answers prayers. God can hear every word, thought, and desire. Even the slightest whisper of a child, He can decipher.

2013-01-02

A blessed day in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ, I am the mother of Jelly Mae Mariano. My daughter is only two years old so I am writing this letter in her behalf. Thank you so much for the gift she received, including a doll. She is so happy to finally have a real doll to play with. She even sleeps with her toy. Before, she used to play with a bottle of coke as her doll. So when we found out that there will be gifts for children, I told my daughter to pray to Papa Jesus that she will get a doll as a gift. Upon opening the gift box, she found a big doll which she embraced immediately. I ask my daughter to thank Papa Jesus for answered prayer. I never expected her to get a doll and it is a big one. I almost shed a tear of joy; my daughter could not contain her happiness. That is why I am thanking first of all the Lord Jesus Christ and secondly, the Samaritan's Purse. The bible says that it is more blessed to give than to receive. This is all I can say with this letter of thanksgiving. May you be blessed by our Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment